Old computers and servers with hard drives are potential legal and financial liabilities. ID theft, tax fraud, and other identity threats do not discriminate. And yet as many as 52% of businesses don’t use a professional service to destroy hard drives that contain confidential information. Are you putting yourself or your business at risk?
Hard Drive Destruction for Albany, Syracuse, Utica & Binghamton
The only way to ensure data on an old hard drive is destroyed is by thorough physical destruction. Simply smashing the hard drive with a hammer, or “wiping” the drive is not enough. The fact is, most people make these common hard drive destruction mistakes. However, if your hard drive disposal methods are not up to snuff, you are leaving yourself at considerable risk. Most businesses are subject to one or more of the following regulations:
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
- Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act (FACTA)
- Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX)
- Electronic Communications Privacy Act (ECPA)
- Gramm Leach Bliley Act (GLBA)
- Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH)
Proper hard drive destruction falls under many of these regulations. By working together, we can keep you in compliance with any privacy laws that may apply!
Why Choose ConfiData for Hard Drive Destruction?
ConfiData has been serving all of central and upstate New York with secure, confidential document shredding services since 1989. We promise to handle your hard drive destruction & disposal with the same high standards as your confidential papers. Following every hard drive destruction you will receive a Certificate of Destruction, confirming that your hard drive has been securely destroyed. Interested in learning more? Give us a call at 1-800-627-4733.